Contest: 100 Years of Tanks Anniversary!
As the 32 working Mark I tanks lined up for the attack scheduled for the 15th of September, 1916, the crews were under mounting pressure. The British Expeditionary Force’s commander-in-chief, Sir Douglas Haig, had high hopes for the new weapon to finally break the stalemate of the Western Front. However, this new weapon, this ungainly mechanical contraption, which someone decided to name a tank to ward off the enemy intelligence, was still in its infancy. It was yet to be tested in combat, and on top of that, had issues even as it crawled towards the front – 17 of these steel beasts had broken down en route.
But there was no time for hesitation. Signal flags were waved, engines were brought to life and thick clouds of smoke were belched by the machines. It was time to start the attack.
It was time to change the face of war forever…
For the 100 Years of Tanks Anniversary, we have prepared a special competition. Sign up on our dedicated page, and play at least 100 battles from 15 September through 28 September. We will then take the best 100 base XP scores you achieved to calculate your average. Amazing prizes await!
Duration: The contest will run from 15 September at 00:00 CEST (UTC+2) to 28 September 23:59 CEST (UTC+2).
Goal: Be one of the top 100 Players with the highest average base XP (i.e., not including Premium Account or any other modifiers) during the specified time period, as calculated from your 100 best base XP results.
Rules & Conditions:
- You must be playing a non-premium vehicle for your battles to count. Platoons are not allowed.
- Only battles played during the activity’s timeframe count as valid contest attempts.
- You must participate in at least 100 battles over the specified time period in order to be eligible for this competition. Premium Account or any other XP modifiers will NOT be taken into account when determining your score.
- To participate in the competition, you must sign up. The results will be drawn straight from the servers.
- In cases where two or more players end up with the same average base XP, the average combined damage (dealt + assisted) scored in their best 100 battles will be used to determine the order of the winners.
- All prizes will be credited within two weeks of the end of the competition.
- 1st - 5th place: Type 59 + Garage Slot
- 6th - 10th place: Type 62 + Garage Slot
- 11th - 30th place: 7 Days of Premium Account
- 31st - 50th place: 5 Days of Premium Account
- 51st -100th place: 3 Days of Premium Account
Contest winners are going to be announced in the dedicated topic on our World of Tanks Blitz Forum (note: it will be in English only!) up to one week after the entire contest has ended.
That’s all for the briefing, Commanders!
Now, let’s honour Mark I and Mobilize!