Developers Q&A: Game Design
This time the developers answer your questions about the games design.
1. Dear developers! I’m really concerned about the gun “antiblock” mode: e.g. when two vehicles meet head-on, their guns go through each other’s textures. I think you should consider this problem, as solving it might dramatically change the battle tactics for the better. Players will not collide end on, bearing in mind possible damage/gun blocks - they will keep their distance and move more instead of simply aiming at grey dots and gunner’s peep sight-doors. It will also be much harder to roll around with light tanks and tank destroyers. You could also start to block the gun with other textures (if the gun collides with another texture, the turret cannot traverse). Hitting textures at high speed will lead to gun damage. Thank you for your answer in advance.
- Thank you for an interesting question. Everything you have described would make the game more realistic, but introducing these mechanics would greatly increase the number of damaged guns caught on buildings, other vehicles, and other obstacles (taking into consideration our small-sized maps and the large number of vehicles). Current mechanics where decided on during the development stage, and now we have not an entirely realistic model, but a more playable and friendlier one.
2. I understand that it’s not easy to give an accurate date as a response to questions starting with “when”, so I’d like to get at least an approximate time frame. When will you introduce emblems and camouflages to the game? Will they give any bonuses to the characteristics of vehicles?
- We are currently working on camouflage. If we don’t find any additional technical issues or bugs, you’ll be able to see camouflage in the game by the end of January – beginning of February next year. As for the bonuses, camouflage will increase the concealment of the vehicle.
3. It was said previously that the developers were considering an increase in the number of players in a platoon, up to three. Many players are still wondering if this feature will be introduced.
- We have rejected the implementation of this feature, as three players would greatly affect the overall results of random battles. Three platoon players are already half of a team, so, to our minds, it’s more rational to introduce team game modes, where platoons could play against each other.
4. Experienced WoT Blitz players often face the following situation: in Sniper Mode, I can see a long-distance target that is partially covered by the hill or rock, but its contour is not highlighted. Why does this happen despite the enemy tank being in view? If I shoot at this target, the shell will hit a barrier (the ground or an object). Is it a bug or game mechanics that I don’t understand?
- The case is that we have developed an algorithm to facilitate the drawing of distant objects. It helps to improve performance on weak devices, but results in situations like the one you have described. Please send screenshots to the Support Service. It will help us find and fix all such bugs.
5. Dear developers! I suggest that the common test, like in World of Tanks, should also be introduced in Blitz. In my opinion, it will help to improve the game.
- Currently, we only use super tests when particular features are tested by specially selected players. Our workflow with quick patches does not allow for the common test. But I am sure that we will introduce such a practice for major patches.
6. Are you going to introduce the depot?
- We're thinking of adding an inventory instead of the depot. The principal difference will be that players will be able to place different items that they received during specials, earned in battles or purchased in the Store in the inventory.
7. How soon should we expect a new nation in WoT Blitz? And, probably, the most popular question among WoT Blitz players: when will the French branch be introduced?
- We will add the Japanese branch in the upcoming patches. We haven't made the final decision on the French branch yet, as it is not clear how it will affect existing gameplay.