Update 3.1 – Vehicle Changes
As you may already know, the upcoming update will feature the MT-25, LTTB and T-54 ltwt. Soviet vehicles. Apart from the new light tanks, Update 3.1 will bring some changes to the list of Premium vehicles available for gold, and the characteristics of some Tier X vehicles will be slightly adjusted. Mark Ivanov from the Game Balance Department provided us with some comments regarding these changes.
T34 and T34 Independence
These vehicles were left behind in terms of their characteristics, and we decided to make firing with them feel a bit more comfortable.
- Aiming time reduced from 3.4 to 3.1 s.
- Reduced dispersion coefficients when firing on the move as well as during turret traverse and when the vehicle turns.
We’re increasing the accuracy of the top gun to make this vehicle stand out a bit more compared to other Tier IX medium tanks.
For the 105 mm T5E1M2 Gun, the dispersion has been reduced by 100 m:
- From 0.42 to 0.4 m with the “stock” turret.
- From 0.4 to 0.38 m with the “top” turret.
The M48A1 Patton is the weakest medium tank in its Tier. This is, in no small degree, caused by its inability to absorb damage – it’s bad at side-scraping, its turret is weak and it also has a cupola, which can be penetrated easily. That is why we decided to improve the armour of this vehicle.
- The cupola has been redesigned: the inclination angle of the front of the turret is now steeper, and its armour has been increased to 177 mm.
- The armour of the gun mantlet has also been increased to 177 mm.
- The armour of the rear side of the hull has been increased from 50 to 76 mm.
- The top speed has been increased from 45 to 48 km/h.
- Removed two guns: 90 mm Gun M41 and 105 mm Gun T5E1M2. As a replacement, the top 105 mm Gun M68 will be mounted. The players who researched this gun will receive compensation.
E 50 Ausf. M
The gameplay on this vehicle didn’t feel “German” enough, and we made a decision to increase the armour protection of this vehicle.
- The armour of the front of the turret and gun mantlet has been increased from 185 to 250 mm.
This vehicle isn’t so bad in terms of protection, but it’s too slow for a medium tank.
- The top speed has been increased from 40 to 50 km/h.
To make the IS-7 less versatile and make it look more like a heavy tank, it was decided to decrease its traverse speed.
- Traverse Speed reduced from 25 to 23 deg/s.
Premium vehicles available for gold
- T-15 and М22 Locust were removed from the research tree and replaced with vehicles of a higher tier – Pz.Kpfw. V/IV (2,400) and Т23Е3 (4,900). They‘re more suited for earning credits and are a better choice for players who are new to the game. There will be a chance to get the vehicles that have been removed, as part of a bundle in the Store for example.
- The cost of the Valentine II increased from 1,000 to 1,500. The majority of new players purchase this vehicle, even though playing on it requires some skill. We would like to shift the focus of new players towards the Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f), which, despite its complex name, is easier to handle.
Due to the introduction of the new branch of light tanks, and the fact that the whole concept of making the Tier VIII light tanks stand out fell short of expectations, it was decided to increase the profitability of the following vehicles:
- Spähpanzer SP I C – profitability increased by 24%.
- Spähpanzer Ru 251 – profitability increased by 18%, cost of post-battle repairs reduced by 28%.
The changes listed below were made due to an error that existed up until now: some guns, if mounted on different vehicles, had different research costs. Now, these guns can be researched for the same amount of experience on all vehicles they are available for.
- Nashorn – the research cost of 8.8 cm Pak L/56 increased from 9,500 to 11,210.
- VK 36.01 (H) – the research cost of 8.8 cm Kw.K. 36 L/56 increased from 9,500 to 11,210.