World of Tanks Blitz Global Release Announced
Get ready for World of Tanks Blitz!
Our new mobile edition of World of Tanks is fast approaching! After a recent "soft launch" in Scandinavia, where it charted at #3 on the Top Overall iPad apps, we are pleased to announce that the game will go global on 26 June on the iTunes Store!
Ready for Mobile
World of Tanks Blitz’s great visuals and satisfying controls have been built from the ground up to give a natural feel on the mobile platform. That said, it still has the same exciting, tank-battle gameplay that its PC predecessor, World of Tanks, is known for!
Blitz will be regularly updated with new content and fresh features, along with news of any upcoming vehicles, maps, and game modes that will be introduced.
Of course, World of Tanks Blitz is free to download and play.
At the time of release, World of Tanks Blitz will feature:
- More than 90 tanks from the USA, Germany and the USSR
- 8 original battle maps (including Mines from World of Tanks PC version)
- Join up with friends in two-player Platoons
- In-game Store
- Revamped visuals for water and realistic lighting for vehicle models
- New post-match camera rotation options
- Atmospheric sound in battle; localised in-game voices; listen to your own music while playing
- Facebook integration and notification support, including information about your new tank purchases and friend invites
- Share progress across all platforms with full Wargaming.net ID support
- Access to detailed player stats via the chat window
Keep checking here in the News section for the latest on game updates, special events, interesting facts and more!
Blitz is nearly here. Are you ready?